A -> B
I realised that HEATHWORKS wasn’t quite giving me the outlet that I wanted. I felt it was too constricting for what I wanted to discuss. I was bordering on creating a new subdomain for a personal blog but thought that was kinda anti to my personal phisolophy - work and life are intertwined in a complicated way. I am myself and talk about a range of topics “at work” so why shouldn’t this platform be representative of that…
Time to tack
I’ve changed the following:
- Theme changed to something a bit brighter
- Tagline updated to include more personal content and discussion of “human” topics
- Stripped out any bloat
- Books tab
- I like sharing book ideas with people but I’d rather it be shared in a natural format - in posts rather than a big list
- I was trying the affiliate links but it didn’t feel right to try monetise something that I wanted to share freely
- Removed categories and tags
- It added a lot of weight to actually creating posts and equally cluttered the interface
- It was on by default with the blog framework
What do I hope to achieve from now?
The blog is now a more personal endeavour with outlets that can cover seveal topics. I have ambition to add in more personal posts with a focus on mental health and wellbeing. I’m continuing to use LinkedIn to promote posts relative to business and will continue to use Twitter as a mixed platform for both personal and business micro-content.
Innovate or die.